1. ACTIVITIES THAT CAN BE CARRIED OUT IN THE FREE ZONE
In the Free Zone, all kinds of activities can be carried out: industrial, commercial or service. Therefore, everything from the mere indefinite storage of goods, including the usual manipulations necessary for their proper maintenance and preservation, to substantial transformation activities such as inward processing or processing under customs control are permitted, always with the prior authorization of the competent customs body.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR ESTABLISHMENT WITHIN THE FREE ZONE
1 OPERATOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION:
If you wish to operate within the Free Zone, you will have to submit a formal application addressed to the President of the Free Zone Consortium annexing the following documentation.
- The company’s articles of association.
- Applicant’s powers of representation.
- Certificate of up-to-date: Social Security, IGIC (Canary Islands VAT), IAE registration and tax obligations.
- Detailed company memorandum on the activities to be carried out within the free zone.
Among the required documentation for your application to operate in the Santa Cruz de Tenerife Free Zone, you are required to submit a detailed memorandum of the company’s activities and those intended to be carried out within the Zone.
This memorandum must support the solvency, viability, international competitiveness and contribution to the economic and social development of the island by the company whose application is the subject of study, and its content being binding. For its adequate fulfillment a brief Manual of elaboration of the Memorandum with its basic content is attached.
3. APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION OF STOCK RECORDS:
Any person engaged in an activity, whether in storage, processing or working, whether in the sale or purchase of goods in the free zone, must, in the form authorized by the customs authorities, keep stock records for the control of entry and exit of the goods, the exercise of the activity of the operator being subject or subordinate to the authorization by the customs authorities of such accounting.